Pages

Jan 15, 2009

Whole Wheat Banana Nut Bread

Okay so since it is the coldest day of the year and I am stuck inside I am finding myself constantly going to the kitchen out of boredem...I want to bake something but what can I bake that is healthy? I decided to look online and I liked the sound of this recipe so I am going to give it a shot! Hope it is good!!!!

Whole Wheat Banana Nut Bread

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
1/3 cup vegetable oil (or can use applesauce for even healthier bread but dryer)
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 cup mashed bananas
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup hot water
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
In a large bowl, beat oil and honey together. Add eggs, and mix well. Stir in bananas and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt. Add baking soda to hot water, stir to mix, and then add to batter. Blend in chopped nuts. Spread batter into a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
Bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 1/2 hour before slicing

2 comments:

LosingPebbles said...

That sounds soooo good!

meredith said...

I'm totally going to make this when i get wheat flour next week