Pages

Jan 29, 2009

Fish Soft Tacos with Pico De Gallo-Black Bean Sauce

I have decided to try this out because it is easy, quick, and I probably have the stuff at home to make it. I however, thought of a couple ways to make it healthier or easier.



Ingredients

6 ounces cooked fish, such as baked cod, tilapia, samon, tuna
4 flour tortillas (I would use whole wheat tortillas)
1/2 cup pico de gallo (I am going to use a little salsa instead (I don't like pico))
1 can black beans, drained
1/4 cup sour cream (use lowfat)
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Directions
Mixed stir fried vegetables, recipe below
Lime wedges (I usually have lime juice on hand)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

Heat fish and all 4 tortillas in a stack and wrapped in foil on a baking sheet for 8 to 10 minutes.

In a bowl, combine pico de gallo, beans, sour cream and cumin.

Arrange fish on tortillas and top with pico de gallo-black bean sauce and mixed stir fried vegetables. Serve with a lime wedge on the side.

Mixed Stir-Fried Vegetables:(My thoughts are this, you can buy a bag of frozen stir fry style veggies and just steam them in a microwave to make this easier)

2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup sliced red onion
1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and spears cut into 2-inch pieces

No comments: