I made these this morning, Yummy!
PREP TIME 10 Min
Original recipe yield 12 pancakes
• 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
• 1 1/2 cups 100% whole wheat flour
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 1/2 cups buttermilk or 1 1/2 cups skim milk (add 1 Tbsp. white vinegar to milk)
• 1 cup skim milk
• 1/4 cup canola oil
• 1 omega-3 egg
• 1/3 cup organic raw sugar (you can even get away with 1/4 cup)
• 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts (optional)
• 1/4 cup of wheat germ (optional)
• A few sprinkles of ground flax seed (optional)
1. Grind the oats in a blender or food processor until fine. In a large bowl, combine ground oats, whole wheat flour, wheat germ, flax seed, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
2. In another bowl, combine buttermilk, milk, oil, egg, and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Mix wet ingredients into dry with a few swift strokes. Stir in nuts, if desired.
3. Spray the skillet or griddle with Pam, and preheat it to medium heat. Ladle 1/3 cup of the batter onto the hot skillet; cook the pancakes for 2 to 4 minutes per side, or until brown.
4. I used 100% fruit jam for spread (I know target & whole foods carry 100% fruit jam).