Pages

Jan 20, 2009

I Need It Easy

Okay so I am in a slump...I was doing good for a while but now I am feeling the need for something easy. One thing I have going against me is that I actually don't like cooking so I look for uncomplicated quick easy recipes and that is largely where I struggle with eating healthier. I decided to internet search again for some recipes and I may post a couple of them but I wanted to start with this one which I am totally making tomorrow with a steamed veggie! YUM

LEMON CHICKEN RECIPES:

1Citrus Grilled ChickenGrilled chicken makes a swift and easy mid-week supper, and is one of the simplest of lemon chicken recipes. Marinading the meat in lemon juice tenderises the chicken, and gives it masses of extra flavour. You can leave the chicken in the marinade overnight if you get organised enough, but if not even 10-15 mins steeping in the lemony mixture will be enough to add that unmistakeable citrus aroma.
Serves 4:
8 chicken pieces,
2 lemons,
2 cloves garlic, crushed,
4 tbsp olive oil.

Put the chicken in a dish. Squeeze the lemons, mix juice with the garlic and oil to make a marinade. Toss chicken in the marinade, cover and refrigerate until needed. Preheat the grill to medium. Put the chicken into the grill pan and spoon over some marinade. Grill the chicken, placing it about 10-15cm (4-6 inches) beneath the heat, and turning once until the skin is crisp and juices run clear when the meat is tested with a knife point. As a variation, you can use chicken breasts, skinned and cut into cubes before marinading. To cook, thread the cubes on skewers, alternating with cherry tomatoes, baby onions and bay leaves, and grill until the chicken is cooked right through, basting with marinade.

No comments: