Pages

Jan 16, 2009

Healthier Pesto

Okay so I am a total SUCKER for a good pesto sauce... I seriously could eat it with everything! I was sad though because most store bought pesto sauce contain about 20grams of fat per serving. I was enjoying a lunch at my friend Sarah's yesterday and she made a yummy "Healthy" Pesto sauce and pasta for us so I told her I was going to share the recipe with everyone. Thanks Sarah!

Winter Spinach Pesto:
2 cups firmly packed spinach
3/4 cup lowfat grated parmesan cheese
3/4 cup olive oil (or can use just a generous 1/2cup for less fat, pesto will be thicker)
3-4 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup pine nuts
Puree together and serve with whole grain pasta or use as spread on sandwhiches. YUMMY!
It will store for a month or so in fridge with a sealable container.

No comments: