Pages

Feb 20, 2009

Easy Zucchini Side (or appetizer)

I absolutely LOVE zucchini! This wasn't always the case however. It wasn't until I tried these that I became a true believer and now I make them as often as I can!
1 large zucchini
olive oil
Italian seasonings
Cooking Directions:
Cut the zucchini into long, flat, thin strips (about as thin as a slice of cheese). Lay them out on a paper towel for at least four hours to dry out a bit.
Arrange the strips on a baking sheet. LIGHTLY sprinkle olive oil on each side of the strip. With your fingers gently spread the olive oil to make sure it is evenly coated. Generously shake the Italian seasoning over the zucchini. Turn your oven on to broil and place the sheet on a top rack. Carefully watch the zucchini. You want them to get browned on top...not black! :)
*Take them out of the oven and eat them warm, or cool them, and eat them at room temp. Either way they are great!

No comments: